Damaraland Camp offers luxury safari tented accommodation in Damaraland in the Kunene Region of Namibia. The eco-friendly camp is situated in the Huab River Valley and the surrounding area is one of the best wilderness areas in Namibia. Game viewing including the desert adapted elephant make Damaraland Camp a very popular choice for travellers to Namibia. This camp is easily accessible for self-drive travellers to Namibia but a 4×4 is recommended. Ten large comfortable canvas thatched units (including a family unit) offer accommodation and guests have their own private and shaded verandas. Guests sitting in their easy chairs gazing over this scrub landscape are often left feeling inspired by the simplistic beauty of their surroundings and marvel at how life sustains itself with the near non-existent supply of water.
Damaraland is well known for it’s vast, surreal and other-worldly landscapes. Travellers to this region have often commented that they felt they were on another planet – if you’re on a soul searching mission this is the place to find it! It is a miracle of nature that the wildlife manage to eke out an existence here – your guides on your game drives will explain to you how the desert-adapted elephant, Oryx and many other species have adapted to this harsh yet spectacular environment. It is interesting to note that this regions desert-adapted elephant is only one of two species in the world. The occasional black rhino is also to be found. Birding is excellent, with over 240 species recorded.
Guests also have the option of visiting and interacting with the Riemvasmaaker community at De Riet.
Damaraland Camp is suitable for guests who are planning a fly-in safari or a self-drive tour to Namibia.
Damaraland Camp is located in Damaraland in the Kunene Region of Namibia.
Amenities of Damaraland Camp:
- Adobe-style thatched tent on a raised deck, with gravel pathways on the ground
- Writing desk and chair, ottoman, easy chair and luggage rack
- Electronic safe
- Room spray and insect repellents
- Private, shaded verandas with mountain views
- Mosquito proof
- 1 Family unit available
- En-suite facilities with a toilet, double vanity basin and a shower
- Bath robes, liquid soap, body wash, shampoo and conditioner and body lotion
- Shower caps
- Large open living area with dining area and bar under thatch and on a raised wooden deck
- Open fireplace under the stars
- Pool in main area with a shaded lounging area, next to the bar
- Curio cupboard
- Reading area with a supply of reference books
- Traditional boma for dining under the stars
- 220V multi-plug adaptor charging facilities (in the main area) for mobile devices
- Daily laundry Services
- Game & nature drives (incl. sundowner drives) in open Land Cruisers
- Private activities available on request
- Cultural visits to the Damara Living Museum & Riemvasmaaker Community at De Riet.
- Guided nature walks and scorpion walks
- Stargazing with a laser pointer
- Camp chats on desert adapted elephants, the Torra conservancy, ecological and environmental info on Damaraland
Media & Technology
- Complimentary in-Tent Wi-Fi