Desert Rhino Camp
Desert Rhino Camp offers luxury tented accommodation near Palmwag in Damaraland in the Kunene region of Namibia. Desert Rhino Camp is located within the Palmwag concession which is home to one of Africa’s largest free-ranging populations of the highly endangered desert-adapted black rhino the surrounding area offers one of the best opportunities to view these rare and magnificent beasts. Rhino tracking is a popular activity and is available on foot and by vehicle.
The camp’s main area overlooks a sweeping plain that that is populated with the weird and wonderful Welwitschia plant. These ancient plants survive against all odds and some of these specimens can reach an age of up to 2500 years.
At night a camp fire is lit and guests can relax around the fire and gaze towards the never ending milky way – the stars shine brightly due to the lack of light pollution. For those seeking romance bush dinners can be arranged.
The natural springs that are found in the Palmwag concession provide a much needed lifeline to wildlife. On nature drives you may see Gemsbok, desert-adapted elephant, Hartmann’s mountain zebra, kudu, springbok and possibly predators. Birdlife is prolific and there are many near-endemic species present such as the Rüppell’s Korhaan, Rosy-faced lovebirds and Benguela long-billed lark.
The Desert Rhino Camp is ideal for those travellers to Namibia who are seeking an exclusive and upmarket safari experience. Whether you are planning a fly-in Safari to Namibia or are considering an adventurous 4×4 self-drive tour the Desert Rhino Camp should be included in your itinerary.
Desert Rhino Camp is located in the Palmwag concession in Damaraland in the Kunene Region of Namibia.
Amenities of Desert Rhino Camp:
- Canvas tented accommodation on a raised deck
- Writing desk and chair, easy chair, luggage rack, mosquito net (available on request only), electronic safe, tea and coffee making facilities
- During winter months hot water bottles and extra blankets are provided
- Private viewing deck with shaded outdoor lounge area
- Indoor lounge area
- En-suite facilities with indoor shower, double vanity basin and separate toilet
- Bath robes, liquid soap, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, shower caps
- Daily laundry Services
- Pool in main area with partially shaded deck and loungers
- Canvas tented lounge, dining and bar areas on a raised wooden deck
- Camp fire
- Floodlit waterhole
- Reading area with a selection of reference books
- Day and night game / nature drives
- Rhino tracking – via foot or vehicle
- Guided walks
- Sundowner drives and hiking trails
Media & Technology
- Free in-Tent Wi-Fi