Etendeka Mountain Camp
Etendeka Luxury Mountain Tented Camp | Damaraland
Etendeka Mountain Camp offers luxury tented accommodation in Damaraland close to Palmwag in the Kunene Region of Namibia. The luxury camp is located in the foothills of the Grootberg massif and surrounded by dramatic scenery. The luxury camp lies in the ancient lava flows of the Etendeka, and the landscape appears other-worldly and without life. Surreal scenes with scattered boulders lying on flat-topped mountains. Photographic enthusiasts thoroughly enjoy the unspoiled landscapes in this part of Damaraland.
Accommodation at Etendeka Mountain Camp is available in 10 luxury en-suite Meru style tents. Guests can select either to stay in 2 three quarter twin-bedded tents or double bed tents. With luxury mattresses and 100% pure cotton linen, you will be assured a good night’s sleep. The luxury tents are spacious, and the en-suite facilities include an eco-friendly open-air bucket shower with cold and hot water. The tents are private and are connected to the main camp area by walkways. The camp is entirely solar-powered and runs in the most eco-friendly manner possible. Etendeka Mountain Camp has been awarded the maximum of five flowers by the Namibian National Eco-Awards. A minimum of two nights stays required at Etendeka Camp.
Activities on offer at Etendeka Mountain Camp:
- Guided morning nature walk: walking at Etendeka enables guests to appreciate the area’s fauna and flora. Walking sticks are provided, and your knowledgeable guide will identify various animal tracks and spoors as you set off through a dry but shaded river bed.
- Afternoon game and Scenic Drive: An open 4×4 game drive vehicle gives guests the opportunity of exploring the surrounding 50000-hectare conservancy. Despite the seemingly inhospitable landscape, there is lots of life here. Giraffes, zebra and springbok can be viewed, and you may even spot the elusive leopard. Sometimes the Desert adapted Elephants, black rhino and lion have also been spotted.
- Stargazing: if conditions are right, you will be able to see Sirius and the Southern Cross. Your host, Dennis, is very well informed and all guests will get the opportunity of looking through the telescope as the rings around Saturn and the two moons of Jupiter are pointed out.
- Etendeka Overnight Walking Trail Experience: this overnight activity enables guests to experience nature truly and involves trekking and exploring a remote and untouched wilderness area. Experienced guides take you deep into this harsh yet spectacular and untamed environment.
Self-drive travellers to Namibia can reach Etendeka Mountain Camp with their rented 4×4 vehicle.
If you plan to travel south or back to Windhoek, we recommend staying in the Erongo Mountains at Ai-Aiba Lodge.
Palmwag, Damaraland, Namibia
Amenities of Etendeka Mountain Camp:
10 Luxury en-suite Meru style Tents
- Non-smoking Rooms
- Mosquito Net
- Wash Basin
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Designated smoking area
- Front Desk Safe
- Languages spoken: English, Afrikaans
Food & Drink
- Plunge pool
- Game Drives
- Pets are not allowed