Hakos Guest Farm & Camping
Hakos Guest Farm & Camping accommodates up to 14 guest rooms with private bathroom and shower. For families we have a room that has 4 beds. We also have four campsites that provide shade and wind protection, two showers and two toilets. In the dining area – breakfast, light lunch and dinner are served, and local venison is our specialty. Guests can relax by the indoor swimming pool.
Hakos Guest Farm & Camping is a great opportunity for both observatory and photography. Astronomy is the main activity at Hakos, where you’ll be amazed by stars and planets. The desert terrain and mountains offer unrivaled opportunities for daily excursions.
If you are looking for a place to stay between Windhoek and Sossusvlei then Hakos Guest Farm is a good accommodation option when on your self-drive tour of Namibia. True Namibian farm stay accommodation awaits you.
The Gamsberg is the third highest mountain in Namibia, where we offer a 5-6 hour tour to the plateau. Panoramic views can be enjoyed – it is spectacular! On our game drive you can see Oryx, Hartman’s mountain Zebra, Kudu and Baboons.
Hakos Guest Farm is a 2 hour drive from Windhoek, situated on top of the Gamsberg Pass
Amenities of Hakos Guest Farm & Camping:
- En-suite rooms
- Mosquito net
- Camping facilities
- Wash Basin
- Airport transfers
- Small library
- Secure parking
- Languages spoken: English, German, Afrikaans
Food & Drink
- Breakfast, light lunches and dinner
- Swimming pool
- Bar / lounge
- Braai / barbecue
- Communal fire place
- Astronomy - a roll-off roof houses mirror and lens telescopes on a heavy mount with automatic tracking. Other instruments are available and guests are encouraged to bring their own stargazing equipment.
- Day Tour – game drive of 6 hours with a lunch on the top of the Gamsberg.
- Farm drive – 3 hour drive around the farm, includes a visit to the Quiver tree forest.
- Walking trails in and around the area - various lengths and degrees of difficulty.
- Observatory tour – daylight trip visiting a number of different observatories at Hakos, 1-2 hours.
Media & Technology
- Good mobile reception at the lodge
- Internet facilities
- No TV’s
- No pets allowed