Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp
Luxury lodging at Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp | Skeleton Coast Park
Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp offers luxury lodge accommodation in the Kunene region close to the Skeleton Coast of Namibia. Located adjacent to the Skeleton Coast National Park in the Kaokoland area this camp offers eight exclusive and luxuriously appointed large en-suite safari tents (including one family tent). The camp is surrounded by some of the most surreal and eye-catching landscapes that Namibia has to offer. Each luxury safari tent is surprisingly spacious and well-furnished and designed to be in harmony and blend in with the natural surroundings. Guests are able to sit and relax in privacy and enjoy the splendour of the isolated and unique landscapes. There are many attractions in the Kunene region including the unique Desert Elephants and Desert Lions. There is a waterhole at the Camp and the desert elephants and other wildlife frequently visit. It is not uncommon for the elephants to walk through the camp.
Guests staying at Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp can cool off in the swimming pool or lie on the deck chairs and relax at their leisure. Nature drives give guests the opportunity of viewing game and seeing how these animals have adapted to life in the desert. Elephants, lions, brown hyaenas, gemsbok (oryx) and many other animals have adapted over many years to overcome and survive the harsh conditions of their environment. Bird lovers will be surprised at the diversity on offer and may get to see some of the near-endemic bird species such as the Rüppell’s Korhaan or the Benguela long-billed lark.
Hoanib Skeleton Coast camp is a popular choice for those honeymooners seeking private and luxury accommodation in Namibia. Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp is only accessible via a fly-in safari to Namibia and promises to be a highlight of your Namibian holiday.
Activities on offer in Kaokoveld
- Skeleton Coast Excursion – get up close to the Cape Fur Seal Colonies and see the many shipwrecks that litter this coastline.
- Game drives – night and day game drives are available. Experience the desert-adapted elephants, the unique desert-adapted lions and many other species.
- Experience the dunes of the desert.
- Interact with wildlife researchers at the research centre.
- Guided walks – explore the surrounding area by foot.
Located adjacent to the Skeleton Coast National Park in Kaokoveld in the Kunene region of Namibia
Amenities of Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp:
8 Spacious Luxury Safari Tents
- Room spray & insect repellents
- Tissues dispenser
- Laundry baskets are supplied in each tent
- No air-conditioning, however, a pedestal fan is provided in all the tents
- Writing desk and chair, easy chairs and ottoman, mosquito nets, luggage rack, electronic safe, hairdryer
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Private viewing deck with shaded outdoor lounge area with mini-bar
- En-suite facilities with separate toilet
- Bathrobes, liquid soap, body wash, shampoo and conditioner, body lotion
- Daily laundry services available
Media & Technology
- Free In-Tent Wi-Fi
- No Pets Allowed