Hoanib Valley Camp
Luxurious and Eco-Tented Camp at Hoanib Valley | Kaokoland
Hoanib Valley Camp is located in the Hoanib River in the north-west of Namibia. Hoanib is an elegant and stylish tented-camp and offers eco-friendly luxury accommodation in Kaokoland, situated in the Kunene region of Namibia. Koakoland is considered by many to be one of the last remaining wilderness areas in the world. This area is remote and very much untouched and promises some of the most mesmerising landscapes and scenery available. Hoanib Camp offers an exclusive experience – there are only six luxury tents available, including one suitable for families.
The luxury tents at Hoanib Valley blend into the surrounding environment and are comfortably furnished and raised on decks. The surroundings of the Hoanib have inspired the textures and colours used in the furnishings. Local materials are used wherever possible. The decks consist primarily of composite material, and the whole camp operates by solar power. En-suite bathrooms with indoor showers are standard. A private verandah accompanies each tent. An inviting pool is available for guests to take a dip as they please. At night the campfire is set alight and those that wish to join under the African night sky to tell of their days’ activities and sightings. All meals are served in the main camp. There is a lounge where guests can take in a sundowner before dinner. Guests can gaze out onto the surrounding valley whilst having breakfast and get an idea of what awaits them.
Activities at Hoanib Valley Camp:
- Game drives in open 4×4 safari vehicles take guests out to explore the surrounding wilderness area. Your guide will track desert-adapted elephant, giraffe and lion. You may also spot the beautiful oryx, zebra and kudu. Bird lovers will be pleased to know that Ruppell’s korhaan and Monteiro hornbills can be spotted in the area.
- Rhino tracking-an exhilarating experience. This region is home to the largest free-ranging black rhino population in the world. These beasts are known to be aggressive but have poor eyesight. Your guide will assist you in tracking these magnificent creatures.
- Nature walks. Get up close to the surrounding area on foot. Discover the fauna and flora.
- A cultural experience with the Himba tribe. The Himba are a semi-nomadic people, and a guided visit to the Himba settlements in the area is a popular activity. The Himba women rub their skin with a mix of butterfat and ochre, giving them a deep red appearance. This helps to protect their skin from the harsh elements.
Book your unforgettable African safari now.
Upon reaching Sesfontein one drives through this small village on the D3707. There are two 4x4 routes that can be used to reach the camp if you are on a self-drive tour of Namibia. A 4x4 is recommended. Alternatively guests can leave their vehicle at Fort Sesfontein and be collected by our game drive transfer. Hoanib Valley Camp can also be reached by Fly-in safari.
Amenities of Hoanib Valley Camp:
6 Luxury Tents
- Battery Charging Facilities
- Children of all ages welcome
- En-Suite Bathroom with indoor shower
- Complimentary Laundry Service
Food & Drink
- On-site Restaurant
- All meals & local drinks included
- Premium beverage brands not included
- Game drives to view desert Elephants, Lions & Rhinos
- Guided nature walks
- Cultural experience with Himbas
- Rhino tracking
Media & Technology
- Wi-Fi available
- Lodge is entirely solar powered
- No Pets Allowed