Little Kulala offers exclusive luxury desert accommodation with air-con and spa close to Sossusvlei. Only 11 thatched luxury suites are available each with their own private plunge pool. Little Kulala is popular with honeymooners to Namibia and travellers looking for an upmarket desert experience.
Located in a 37000 hectare private nature reserve Little Kulala guests have the advantage of entry into the Namib Naukluft National Park through an exclusive gate entrance making it one of the closest accommodation establishments to Sossusvlei. Deadvlei is the inspiration behind the design of each unit. Space, wood and natural colour fabrics have been used throughout each unit. Full length windows give guests that feeling of space whilst providing uninterrupted views into the desert beyond. For those that want to truly experience that ‘out of Africa’ feeling outside private showers are available. Massage treatments are available in the nearby spa. It is little surprise that Little Kulala is considered one of the best lodges in Namibia.
Guided eco-friendly quad bike tours are available for guests. Explore the Kulala Wilderness Reserve and discover how many creatures call the desert their home. Experience views and landscapes that appear ethereal. Cool off in your own private splash pool and sip on your favourite refreshing drink whilst relaxing in the loungers. For those that are adventurous guided electric powered fat bikes are available for excursions into the surrounding reserve. Guests will soon realise why this part of Namibia is compared to planet Mars.
Wildlife on the reserve include the beautiful oryx (Gemsbok), ostrich, springbok, spotted hyaena and if you’re lucky the elusive brown hyaena. The elusive bat-eared fox is only active at night and you may get to see one during a sundowner drive. Learn how these animals and other creatures have adapted to live in the harsh desert environment. For those with an interest in birding the aptly named dune lark is only found in this area and no-where else in the world.
Little Kulala is well suited for those travellers exploring Namibia via Fly-In safaris. Self-drive travellers to Namibia can easily access this camp. A 4×4 is recommended for your self-drive holiday in Namibia.
Little Kulala is located in the Kulala Wilderness Reserve approximately 25 km’s from Sesriem the which is the entrance to Sossusvlei.
Amenities of Little Kulala:
11 luxury accommodation units
- 11 x climate controlled spacious luxury accommodation units made of brick and glass under thatch
- Each accommodation unit has their own private plunge pool and shaded veranda
- Each accommodation has a rooftop area for sundowners or stargazing, with a signature sleep-out experience on the bottom deck
- Writing desk and chair, luggage rack, mosquito net
- Air conditioning unit
- Electronic safe
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- En-suite facilities comprises an indoor shower, outdoor shower, double basin vanity and separate toilet
- Liquid soap, body wash, shampoo and conditioner, body lotion, bath robes and slippers
- Pool in main area with partially shaded deck and loungers
- Thatched-roofed main area comprises a lounge/dining and bar areas on a raised wooden deck
- Open deck overlooking floodlit waterhole
- Fire pit
- Safari Trading Store
- Sunken wine cellar (wine tastings and private dining)
- Daily laundry services available
- Guest toilet in main area.
- Day and night nature drives in Toyota Landcruisers
- Private Activities on offer and must be requested in advance. SAFARIS
- Excursions to Sossusvlei, Deadvlei and Sesriem
- Scenic sundowner excursion
- Guided nature trail from camp
- Riverbed trails revealing Little Kulala’s “living desert” (activities focused on geology, astronomy and rehabilitation of the reserve with out-of-camp experiences)
- Self-guided walking trails
- Guided scorpion walks
- Pre-dinner and fireside discussions
- Stargazing with a laser pointer
- Guided quad bike excursions
- Guided electric powered fat bike excursions
- Access to an Eco-Zone in camp with options of self-guided walking trails/hiking trails/guided nature walks
- Sunrise breakfasts or brunches at outdoor locations, as well as gin stops
Media & Technology
- Each accommodation unit has free Wi-Fi