Otjimbondona Kalahari offers four delicately decorated villas – oryx, warthog, kudu and giraffe. Otjimbondona means in Herero language “the place where small camelthorn trees grow”. The Otjimbondona Kalahari farm house was originally built in 1923 and consisted of just two rooms at the time. The main building, the Manor House is built on a red sand dune, it consists of a large lounge and dining area with a crystal clear swimming pool. The two rooms, dating back to 1923, have been revamped to a cosy lounge with a small library and the other room to the reception that stocks a small selection of curios.
Our chef and her team love to prepare locally organic farm produce to our guests. In the east wing of the main building, we have a sauna and a small gym overlooking the Kalahari scenery. This area can be used for weddings or conferences. There’s also a “boma”, ideal for grills under the stars.
Each villa has its own fire place, a lounge, kitchenette with tea/coffee facilities, a fridge and a beautifully decorated bedroom with en-suite bathroom. There’s a plunge pool on the deck, perfect to cool down on those hot summer days. A “sala” with a lounger and hanging chair is also found at every villa, where a romantic candle light dinner can be enjoyed. On the east wing of the main building are two villas that enjoy the magnificent sunrise and on the west wing, the two villas enjoy spectacular sunsets. There are also two waterholes between the villas, where plenty of game can be seen.
Otjimbondona is situated 120km south east of Windhoek, and 80km from Hosea Kutako International Airport
Amenities of Otjimbondona Kalahari:
- En-suite rooms
- In room safe
- Tea/coffee making facilities
- Giraffe Villa is wheelchair accessible
- Wash Basin
- Airport Shuttle
- Languages spoken: English, German, Afrikaans
Food & Drink
- Restaurant on premises
- Swimming pool
- Bar / lounge
- Communal braai / barbecue
- Communal fireplace
- Game drives – morning or late afternoon
- Hiking Trails
- Arnhem Caves – 4,5km long, where 6 different bat species can be recorded, spiders, scorpions, beetles and musk shrews living in the cave.
- Fat bikes
- Modern gym with weights, a treadmill, cross trainer and recline forma exercise bike.
- Sauna to detox and a 20m long swimming pool
- Get a massage from our in-house masseuse
- Hides to view game and birds
- Scenic flights with the champions – Profile Safaris
Media & Technology
- Good mobile reception at the lodge
- Wi-Fi is available
- Not pet friendly